Abricotine is a feature-rich markdown editor for Linux featuring an array of awesome capabilities. The GUI shifts from traditional markdown editors and shows previews inline, even for multimedia content. It supports both traditional and GitHub markdown syntax.
- Write in markdown (or GFM) and export your documents in HTML
- Preview text elements (such as headers, images, math, embedded videos, todo lists…) while you type
- Open current document in browser and preview
- Display document table of content in the side pane
- Show helpers, anchors and hidden characters
- Copy formated HTML in the clipboard
- Write in a distraction-free fullscreen view
- Manage and beautify markdown tables
- Search and replace text
The editor in under active development and more exciting features are on the ToDo list. Abricotine is far more stable than ghostwriter and yet to reach Haroopad. A bulleted list didn’t work for us, for example.
There are no Linux specific packages at the time of writing. Download the latest released package, extract and run on Linux.