The name might remind you of the old and popular KDE application KDirStat, which is intentional. QDirStat flaunts some extra features over its KDE brother and is written in Qt5. It falls in the category of console based utilities like ncdu and ohmu.
QDirStat features more or less everything that KDirStat has along with:
- Multi-selection in both the tree and the treemap
- Unlimited number of user-defined cleanup actions
- Properly shows errors in cleanup actions (and optionally the outputs)
- Configurable file categories (MIME types) and their treemap color
- Exclude directories
- Desktop-agnostic; thanks to Qt
The software is under active development and in Beta stage at the time of writing. However, it is reasonably feature-complete.
To install QDirStat on Ubunru, run:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/qdirstat $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install qdirstat
On GitHub: QDirStat