Rescatux is from the developers of Super GRUB2. It is a useful distro for disaster recovery, e.g., your system is not booting or there is a filesystem error. You can create a live USB out of the distro ISO using Universal USB Installer or Ubuntu ImageWriter.
Features (beta included)
- Restore GRUB1/2, update GRUB menus
- Change Linux password
- Regenerate sudoers file
- Restore Windows MBR
- Clear Windows password (check Pogostick as well)
- Promote a Windows user to Administrator role
- Unlock Windows user
- File system check (with forced fix)
- Support options through chat, web, log sharing, boot info script
- Useful tools like photorec, testdisk, gpart, extundelete included
Download the ISO (the names ending with bn mean beta) and use Universal USB Installer or Ubuntu ImageWriter to create a live USB out of it. Boot your system using the USB.