The subject-line for this article could also read Koding that we wanted. We strongly criticized Koding in one of our earlier articles because of the half-baked solution it provides for programmers. Sadly, the situation hasn’t improved with the service, your cursor still moves 2 seconds after you press the arrow keys. However, it seems that we have a professional solution in LabxNow, a service for general users offering Linux remote desktop over the browser.
- 2 flavours: Ubuntu 14.04 with Xfce, stock RHEL 6.5, CentOS, Oracle
- Hardware: 2 cores, 4GB RAM, 10GB SSD
- Fast network for data transfers
- Works with all major browsers
- Install anything, run anything
- Easily add, delete, manage and customize VMs
- Share VMs, Remote desktop support
- Retains the state where you leave the system, like suspend
Sounds sweet? It feels better developing on it. Git, make etc. are installed by default so that you can get started without much tinkering.
Sign-up is as easy as it gets and takes 2 minutes. Enjoy!