We visited several power prompts earlier but bashstyle-ng is much more than a fancier prompt. In addition to bash, it can also change the look and feel and behaviour of readline, vim, git and nano.
While bashstyle-ng doesn’t add any feature to the existing utilities, it makes it very easy to manage or configure several useful features.
– 12 pre-defined prompt styles (all are customizable). Random prompts.
– Create own prompt using UI
– Coloured man, ls and grep output
– Restore last visited directory on new session
– Includes lscd, a powerful ls
– Customize bash history, shell options (shopts)
– Customize completion blacklist, timeout, welcome message…
– set git username, email, editor, coloured output
– (Un)set completion, case sensitivity, horizontal completion, mark filetypes and folders, include hidden files incompletion
– Customize almost 30 keybindings
– (Un)set remember last position, syntax highlighting, auto indention, case sensitive search, incremental search, display line numbers, highlight current line/column, dark or light background, line-wrap and tab-length, color scheme
– Enable ruler/set ruler format
– (Un)set search history, syntax highlighting, auto indention, case sensitive search
– Fix backspace and numblock assignment
- Extra features for systemkit, gitkit, math conversion functions, random string generation, additional scripts and more…
To install bashstyle-ng, run:
$ git clone https://github.com/Nanolx/bashstyle-ng $ cd bashstyle-ng $ ./configure $ make