This post covers the utilities those start with Y. Part of the useful ubuntu utility glossary series.
- yagf (Graphics) : YAGF is a graphical interface for cuneiform and tesseract text recognition tools on the Linux platform.
- yagtd, yokadi (Utilities) : Command-line ToDo list manager.
- yamdi (Utilities) : A utility for adding metadata to flash video files.
- yapet (Utilities) : Text based password manager using the Blowfish encryption algorithm. Because of its small footprint and very few library dependencies, it is suited for installing on desktop and server systems alike.
- yarssr (Networking) : RSS reader for the notification area.
- yersinia (Utilities) : A network tool designed to take advantage of some weakeness in different network protocols. It pretends to be a solid framework for analyzing and testing the deployed networks and systems.
- youtube-dl (World Wide Web) : Download videos from YouTube and other sites.
- ytree (Utilities) : A filemanager for terminals.