calcurse brings you an scheduler, todo list and a calendar in a single package. It also supports notifications to remind you of you upcoming events. calcurse is based on the curses library and has an easy to use interface.
- Fast and customizable curses-based interface
- Supports colour schemes
- Powerful non-interactive cmdline interface that can be used by scripts
- User-definable key bindings
- Fully user-configurable notification system (ability to send mails or anything else that could remind you of your upcoming appointments)
- Moon phases calculation
- Import capabilities with support for iCalendar format
- Export capabilities with support for iCalendar and pcal formats
- Ability to attach notes to each calendar element, and to edit them with your
- Favorite text editor
- UTF-8 support
To install calcurse on Ubuntu:
$ sudo apt-get install calcurse
It is very easy to setup and use calcurse, thanks to the easy navigation.
Enterafter you start calcurse to use options for each component.
Tabjumps between components and shows the options.
- The configuration file is ~/.calcurse/conf. You can change the existing options to alter the behaviour of the applicaiton.
- To get notifications even when calcurse is not running, change
yesin the config file.
- It is possible to import Google Calendar events (exported in ics format) to calcurse using the Import option.