XiX Music Player is a beautiful and feature-packed multiplatform music player cum organizer. Your music collection can be visually categorized in different tabs like Artist, Albums, Playlists or File Manager. It also showcases a lyric viewer. While it can play online radio it also has the ability to schedule and record them. The software is a fresh one and powered by Lazarus and FreePascal. Features at a glance:
- Supports the following file formats: MP3, OGG, M4A (non-DRM), AAC, FLAC, OPUS, APE
- Play & Rip your CD to MP3 or FLAC. CD-Text and CDDB support
- Rip DVD tracks to MP3 or FLAC. Needs mplayer.
- See albums the choosen artist is on and vice versa
- Create and use Playlists
- Online Radiostations + Presets
- Record Online Radiostations
- Schedule Radiostation recordings
- Listen & Download Podcasts
- Play License free audio from the Internet Archive
- Show the lyrics and CD-Covers of the song being played
- Shuffle and Repeat
- Reverse Play
- Rate your songs
- EQ + FXs (Flanger, Echo & Reverb)
- Set EQ for individual songs
- Copy, Delete or Rename the file
- Change ID3 tag (only for MP3/OGG/FLAC/APE)
- Theme support
- Supports: Linux, Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi), Windows & MacOS Intel. Windows support is limited.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install xix-media-player OR $ sudo apt-get install xix-media-player-qt
The second instruction installs the Qt version.
Webpage: XiX Music Player