i-Nex is a fresh hardware information reporting tool on Linux. The author was inspired by the Windows tool CPU-Z and the the GUI of i-Nex bears a strong resemblance to it. i-Nex is a very powerful tool and provides as much information as CPU-Z, if not more. Capabilities:
- Basic information of your hardware like like CPU speed, model and L family cache sizes
- Advanced details like the number of transistors on the die, the multiplier size, the exact voltage and TDW it uses
- Covers GPU information, audio, drivers and more
- Software information like distribution, desktop environment etc.
- Xorg details and kernel information
- i-Nex depends on gambas3 which in turn has tons of dependencies. I am not sure if anyone would want to intall so may packages just to try out a hardware reporting utility.
Install i-Nex on Ubuntu:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:i-nex-development-team/stable $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install i-nex
Cmdline alternatives to i-Nex on Ubuntu
$ sudo dmidecode -t 4 $ lscpu $ cat /proc/cpuinfo