Jekyll is another solution similar to Pancake that can generate a static webpage from plain text or html. The webpage or blog can then be hosted in GitHub where the pages are actually powered by Jekyll. Features:
- Super simple and no-frills
- Supports Markdown, Liquid, HTML and CSS
- Supports static blogs with all bog artifacts like categories, pages, posts, layout options…
- Doesn’t need extra hosting. Your content can be hosted on GitHub.
- Supports Linux and Mac. Windows supported unofficially.
- Available in synaptic on Ubuntu.
To install Jekyll on Ubuntu:
$ sudo apt-get install jekyll
Quick start commands:
$ gem install jekyll $ jekyll new my-awesome-site $ cd my-awesome-site $ jekyll serve
http://localhost:4000 in browser.