In case you are a bit disappointed with the older version of Firefox on SliTaz 4.0 rather than the latest one, here’s how to use the latest one in a few simple steps:
- Download the latest version of Firefox for Linux here.
- Extract the whole package under /usr/lib/firefox
- Create a symlink to the the Firefox executable in /usr/bin
# ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox
- Go to Start menu ▸ Preferences ▸ Favorite Applications. Set firefox in Web browser field. Click on Change.
- Done! Now you can open the latest Firefox by right clicking on Desktop and selecting Favorite Applications ▸ Web Browser.
Another simple tip not to lose your downloaded files when you forget to backup them from SliTaz on USB:
- Create a directory Downloads in the USB on which SliTaz is installed.
- Create a symlink to Downloads directory in your home directory (I’m always root)
#ln -s /home/Downloads /root/Downloads
- Set Firefox to download files in /root/Downloads always. The next time you download anything in Firefox they will be saved in your USB drive.
Do not forget to backup your rootfs after these steps to make the changes permanent.