Time and again you see images in Picasa Explore section which are fascinating. But all you can do is try something like View Image in Firefox and see a smaller resolution of the image. Well, there is still a way to view the images in full resolution using Firefox. Try this:
- Click on the image in Explore section to open it in My Photos tab.
- Check the Photo information section for the horizontal resolution of the image. Let’s assume it is 3600.
- Click on Full screen to the top left of the image to open the image in slideshow viewer.
- Right click on the image in slideshow viewer and select View Image to view only the image in a tab.
- In the address bar you will find a path token just before the image name starting with s, like s1024 (e.g. –
http://www.nnnn.com/s1024/nnnn.jpg). This is the horizontal resolution of the smaller image being shown in the slideshow viewer. Replace the resolution after s with the original resolution from step 2, for example, s3600 and refresh. You can view the image in original resolution now.
In a few cases the image does not load when you try the original horizontal resolution, specially when the resolution is uncommon, like 3651. In that case try a resolution like 2048; the in-built viewer resizes the image and renders it on the page.